Friday, May 29, 2009

Week Two - Check!

Hi All,

Bryan's second week of Chemotherapy and Radiation is done! What an interesting week this has been. They increased the amount of Chemo that was being infused from 0.4 ml/hour to 1.0 ml/hour. They also gave him Normal Saline mixed in with the Chemo. Not sure if this was because his lytes were low, or just to keep him hydrated? We'll find out Monday.

He experienced some nausea on Tuesday, but that was the only day. Really, the biggest side effect is the fatigue. It knocks him off his feet. One minute, he's wide awake and 5 minutes later, he's passed out on the couch. I am glad he is able to get comfortable enough to sleep though. He needs the rest. He's still my hero - working everyday! Tuesday was the only day he didn't go to work, because of the nausea.

Tonight he pointed out that his nails are starting to turn color. Dr. Petrik said the Chemo could cause this. They are turning a light purple, almost like there is no blood in his fingertips. I told him I'd get out my purple glitter nail polish to make all his fingers and toes match.. hehe

During Week Two, the world lost a wonderful man, and a fellow Cancer Warrior. Carrie, a friend from work, lost her husband to Cancer on Tuesday. He was only 29 years old. Pat has given us even more reason to fight harder, and fight longer in finding the cure for Cancer. These boys are too young to be so sick, and no one should ever have to go through what Carrie is going through. Please keep this family in your prayers!

Many of you have asked how you can help us. Please know that your thoughts and prayers are more than enough, and we are humbled to be a peice of your hearts! But some of you have asked, "What else?" I am very excited that my friend Melissa will be coming to Kansas next weekend all the way from Boston to take our pictures! She is an amazing photographer, and you can check out her website: http://www.melissadecastrophotography.com/

Anyway, Melissa has set up a fund for us. Donations will go to purchasing prints of the awesome pictures she will be taking for ourselves, and family, and also any future medical bills, etc... PLEASE do not feel obligated at all. It is strange for me to even post this. But so many of you have asked, and so with a humble heart, this is the website: http://afuturesurvivor.chipin.com/bryan-and-chelsey-wenger

Thank you all so much for your encouragement, support, prayers and love.

Blessings,

Bryan and Chelsey

3 comments:

  1. Bryan is amazing. I can't believe he is still going to work through all of this.. What an awesome man he is.

    I still get sooo upset every time I think of Carrie, Pat, and their little boy.. It makes me physically ill. :-(

    I love you, Chels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you love you love you sweetie! I need to come see you again soon. :)

    Give Brizz my love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your the man, Bryan! Love you both! Always in our prayers! Auntie Jill

    ReplyDelete